Thursday, September 29, 2011

Walter Payton

Well for the last 3 weeks I have been tutoring 4th and 5th graders at the local elementary school. As we all know children say the most darnedest things but I feel like the children in the Stillwater public school system take the cake. One of the classes I help with there are 3 Arabic boys and they are always passing notes in Arabic and talking about how messy one of the boys handwriting is. I always hope they get caught and the teacher tries to read the note in class. My very first day a 4th grade girl asked me if I was married. Once I told her no she asked what my girlfriends name was, and I told her I didn't have one. She got really mad at me and informed me that her 17 year old sister already has a boyfriend and I need to hurry up. Then she saw my tattoo and told me if I'm old enough to have a tat I'm old enough to have a girlfriend and that I need to get my priorities in order So now everyday the first thing she asks me is if I got a girlfriend. Today during class they watched a video promoting the field trip they are taking next week to this place called JA Bizztown. Apparently it's this place where kids get to be the adults and work and sign checks and all the stuff they are missing out on my being 11. During the video one of the kids in the video (with amazing acting skills) said something along the lines of I wish there was a place where kids could work all day just like an adult. The male teacher under his breath looks at me and says, "There is, it's called sweatshops." Last week there was a boy making fun of this little black girl for having fake hair attached to her real hair. She looks at him and says, "Do you realize how hard it is for a woman of color to get her hair just right"? Overall the kids are really sweet and the money isn't awful, but I have yet to find a cougar.

A few weeks ago I went to the Oklahoma State fair in Oklahoma City and it was the exactly how I imagined it. It was full of rides, food, and people whose IQ matched how many teeth they had left. I love carneys they are so interesting to talk to. I feel like they really like me because every time I go they always offer me special deals. Like for the price of 3 they offered me 5 darts to pop the balloons! I mean with an offer like that I had to accept. My absolute favorite thing is the dunking booth. Being made fun of is a good thing. If a stranger makes fun of you by your physical appearance you will know what to work on. My friends are rarely honest with me so once I year I get the angry clown to tell me what I need to work on. This year he was telling me my ears were big but I couldn't really hear him because I dunked him on the very first shot. I'm not saying I'm the best but there are very few who are better than me at baseball. So out of the 5 balls I was given I dunked him 4 times. The next guy didn't realize I was John Grant so he tried to go after me and was there for about 15 minutes and didn't hit him once, sucks to suck.

I'm really not conceited and full of myself, but there is truth in every joke.

Later, JG

No comments:

Post a Comment