Saturday, August 11, 2012

My Summer, Kind of.

OKLAHOMA STATE- School starts next Monday and I'm feeling so many different emotions right now about going back. Definitely excited about seeing friends, duh. Excited about football games. Not that I expect to have another great season but the fact that 70,000 people will get to see my goofy face every home game. Excited about taking classes that actually interest me and not having class on Friday. I'm sad about leaving home because I know I won't see my family again until Christmas. I've been in Greensboro for a week now and I've gotten to spend so much quality time with the couch and Roller Coaster Tycoon, it's been great. But overall I'm ready for another semester in Stillwater. 

OLYMPICS- So good! I'm not very patriotic so I have a hard time only cheering for the United States. I just feel like too many people fall into the American stereotype of cocky, arrogant, overly competitive tools during the Olympics. I think we should just give all of our medals to China, you know to start paying back our debt. 

HUNGER GAMES- Read all three books this summer and was very impressed. Ending was great, the third book was my favorite followed by the second then the first. 

FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS- Watch it. I've never played football or lived in Texas but it is still the best showed I've seen in a while.

NEW LIFE RANCH- Another incredible summer where I grew spiritually, sweated profusely, and danced so confusedly. But in all seriousness ask me about it I'd love to talk about it. 

I really don't like normal at all. I really don't like routine, or social expectations or being required to act a certain way because well that's what you're suppose to do. After the Summer I was so tempted to buy a plane ticket overseas and just live. With a hammock and a toothbrush I just wanted to go meet people until I ran out of money or died. I realize the I have been given a gift of college and most people do not have that luxury. So for now I plan on graduation then spending year just living. So if anyone is interested in flying to Europe in 2 years for a undetermined amount of time, with no agenda or connections then let me know. 

I went on a trip to Chicago and I'll blog about that later. 
That's all there is, there isn't anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment